Epic Meal Time: 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch
I stumbled upon Epic Meal Time last Christmas break while using a friend’s Apple TV. I was living in Brooklyn at the time, and after a long weekend of celebrating the holidays with my friends; I could barely leave my apartment until it was time to go out again. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this particular video blog, Epic Meal Time is a Canadian YouTube cooking show that is filmed every Tuesday. But this isn’t just any ordinary cooking show, and it sure as hell surpasses anything you see on The Food Network or The Travel Channel.
It’s been around since 2010, but it’s certainly underrated in most of my social circles. They might change their minds, here are the top 5 reasons why you should tune into this show every week.
1) A necessity for lazy weekends: As mentioned before, I came across Epic Meal Time because I did not want to leave my apartment for at least 8 hours. It’s perfect for the days where you just want to stay inside, order takeout and demand that all your friends come over so you barely have to lift a finger. And if you’re a college student, I know you’re having theseweekends just about every single week.
2) Mesmerized by meat: After watching a few episodes of Epic Meal Time, you will be mesmerized by the capabilities of meat. That’s no surprise considering the description of the show is, “We make your dreams come true, and then we eat them.” With that in mind, the hosts spruce up their meat concoctions by adding excessive amounts of bacon to everything. Thankfully, they also cite the calories and fat content of each meal before you decide to get crazy in the kitchen. While most of us would not actually attempt to make the dishes featured on the show, it at least warns the people who contemplate it.
3) The hosts are hilarious.Aside from the ridiculousness of this show, you’ll realize that it must be funny considering the main host, Harley Morenstein, was able to quit his day job due to Epic Meal Time’s success. The guys are also obsessed with whisky, in which they take shots and pour it over every dish. What’s most entertaining is how the hosts can actually eat almost all of the food they make. When in doubt, they solicit hot girls to do the eating for them.
4) Almost anyone can enjoy watching it: The concept of the show appeals to a variety of audiences. Whether you’re like me and enjoy staring at food for hours, enjoy “extreme” culture, or are just looking for the next funny thing online – Epic Meal Time has got you covered.
5) It’s innovative: While I’m sure this isn’t the first time someone has tried to incorporate humor into cooking, Epic Meal Time is a force to be reckoned with. I think the concept is successful because it’s so simple. Imagine how much fun you would have cooking exorbitant amounts of your favorite food with your friends and drinking… at the same damn time.