We’re #1? We’re #1?| How do “Party Schools” Get Ranked?
We’ve all seen lists that claim to rank colleges based on their party scene, but everyone is usually surprised by where their school ends up on this list. If it’s too high people tend to complain about how this will affect getting a job, or how people from the outside look at the school. If it’s too low then people get upset they’re not included. The real question is always “How did they decide that?” So we went and figured out HOW THEY RANK PARTY SCHOOLS! Below you can find some of the criteria…Be sure to check out Fiestafrog.com to find ALL the parties near you!!!
- Student Surveys- That’s right, you lied on that survey didn’t you? Maybe calling you a “liar” is too much? I treat surveys just like the end of the semester teacher evaluations; fill in a few bubbles, write a kind/mean remark, and hope that class is over. The Princeton Review uses surveys filled out from students at the schools to figure out what the “social scene” is like. No confirmation on whether or not the people they ask to answer ever actually go out. Similar to some classes in college, your grade could depend more on who the grader is!
- “Reefer Madness” - Guard those entrances/exits, you let one SKUNK get in the dorm and you’ll ruin the college!! Just like Santa they know if you’ve been chiefing, they know when you are baked….Apparently having medical marijauna facilities in your proximity for 4-years meas that you are going to indulge(looking at you, every school in California and Colorado). Don’t try to convince us otherwise!! Seriously though, when these rankings are made this is one of the considerations, along with the general pop
- Hard-Alcohol – Big Brother is watching you!! That might not be completely true, but someone is definitely keeping track of how much hard liquor is pumped into each college town. I just can’t figure out if it’s the guy chanting “Shots! Shots! Shots!”…is that his plan? Is he counting my drinks? Maybe it’s just the bartender though.
- Greek Life- Studies show a correlation between how awesome the Greek life at a school is and how awesome the party scene is…Except not everyone gets invited to fraternity and sorority events, and we dont know were these studies came from…I suspect 80′s movies did it. Oh, and we’re not accusing Greeks of anything, they’re GPA’s tend to be higher than the other students. Surprised by that? Yeah, you are!!
- Brains- Get those GPA’s up and you can enjoy yourself all you want. I guess your mom was on to something with the whole “Finish your homework before you play” bit.
- BEER- All those drafts add up to pitchers, all those pitchers add up to kegs, and all those kegs…end up at the Princeton Review eadquarters to be counted by school!! Pretty sure that’s not how it happens, but wouldn’t that be cool? Maybe it’s just me.
- Girls- Yes ladies, they’re putting this on you!! Attractive girls make guys party! How you ask? I don’t know maybe girls like dancing and guys don’t Maybe that’s a strectch but the rating the attractiveness of the females on a campus figures into the overall “party school” ranking.
Leave a comment to let us know if you agree/disagree with what is factored in!! You can also tell us what you think should be considered…don’t forget to tickle the “like” button!