6 Summer Music Festivals You Can’t Miss 2012
School’s out for the summer. What else better to do than drink and do drugs all day and night while listening to some dope ass music? Below are 6 festivals (in no particular order) for summer 2012 that you can’t miss. Let us know in the comments if we missed any. If you want to find more festivals to party at, check out the party finding system.
1. Bonnaroo – Manchester, Tennessee – June 7-10
Headliners: Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phish, The Beach Boys, The Roots, Black Star Skrillex, Ludacris, Mac Miller, SOJA
2. Camp Bisco – IndianLookoutCountry Club near Albany, NY – June 12-14The 11th Annual Camp Bisco has promised to have a lower capacity than 2011. This shit is always nuts. It was started by the Disco Biscuits, but always has amazing acts, and fucking crazy people. Watch out for the wooks and the biker dudes they hire as security!Headliners: The Disco Biscuits, Bassnectar, Skrillex, Amon Tobin, Bonobo, Crystal Castles, Atmosphere, Big Boi, Shpongle, A-Trak, Lotus
3. Burning Man – Black Rock Desert in Northern Nevada – Aug 27- Sep 3
This shit is fucking nuts. It isn’t a music festival with big acts, it is a gathering of like-minded people in the desert. For a few days in the summer, a small city develops in the desert. There are all kinds of attractions and debauchery. People dress in insane costumes, build crazy rafts and other modes of transportation, and try not to use money. Why use money when you can trade a grilled cheese for some weed? If you haven’t heard about this, google it and youtube it NOW! I’m sure you’ll be planning your trip shortly after seeing what goes down here! Fiesta Frog is not responsible for all of the crazy shit you see and do when you get there!
4. All Good – Thornville, OH – July 19-22
This festival started in 1997 and has been rockin ever since. It is always a fin ass time with great music! This year should be no different! The festival includes mostly jam and folk acts, but has expanded its musical repertoire to include reggae, hip-hop fusion, bluegrass, funk and rock.
Headliners: The Allman Brothers Band, Phil Lesh and Friends, The Flaming Lips, Bob Weir & Bruce Hornsby, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Lotus, G. Love & Special Sauce, Galactic, Shpongle, SOJA
5. Lollapalooza – Chicago, IL – Aug 3-5
Lollapalooza is much older than its acts. In the early 90’s, the festival was a roaming tour that hosted then up and comers like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam. After a decade long hiatus, Perry Farrell’s brainchild festival was reborn in Chicago, where it revels amidst the skyscrapers smack in the middle of the city.
Headliners: Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Black Keys, Avicii, Kaskade, Bassnectar, Justice, Sigur Ros, The Shins, Black Sabath
6. IDentity Festival – Cities Across the US & Canada – July-September
Last summer marked the debut of IDENTITY the first Electronic touring music festival. The festival took over 20 US cities with the biggest names in Electronic music! This year is going to be even sicker than last year!
Headliners: Kaskade, Pretty Lights, Rusko, Avicii, Steve Aoki, Disco Biscuits, DJ Shadow, Skrillex, Pete Tong, Chuckie, Booka Shade, Modeselektor, the Crystal Method, Nero and many more