Here is a list of the most gruesome and dangerous hazing rituals that have been reported:
1. Paddling Paddling is one of the oldest traditions in Greek organizations, and was adopted by many Black Greekorganizations. Although receiving a swift whack to the backside with a wooden paddle may seem harmless, it is possibly the most dangerous ritual. Paddling can cause blood-clots, kidney damage, blood in urine, Rhabdomyolysis, and death in many cases when symptoms go unnoticed.
2. Pouring Boiling Hot Water On Pledges Frat brothers at Tulane University got into hot water after they poured boiling hot liquids on their pledges. The youngmenboiled water containing pepper spray and a “crab boil” seasoning mixture containing cayenne pepper to pour over their victim’s backs. One of the pledges suffered second- and third-degree burns to his back, chest, buttocks and genitals.
3. Sodomy By Sharpie, Random Objects Seven Methodist College football players were arrested in 2002 on hazing charges for restraining a freshman player, and physically assaulting him. Players stripped Antonio Wilkerson down to his underwear, smacked him numerous times, then sodomized him with a Sharpie marker.
4. Use Drugs, Or Masturbate Publicly In many cases pledges either are put in physical harm, or are put in extremely humiliating situations. In this case, a girl had to chose between the two. One female pledge said that she was forced to choose between taking cocaine, or using a dildo in front of the other pledges.
5. The Elephant Walk The elephant walki